1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REMINDER - Support Area

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I want to remind everyone that all four sections in the Support Area are intended for SERIOUS support and advice etc discussions. Joking comments are not welcomed there, especially when they are directed towards other posters or posts.

Such comments tend to take the threads away from the original discussion, which obviously does not help the original poster. Indeed the original poster may well be offended that people are joking about something that is a serious issue to them.

There is plenty of opportunity for joking and general fun in the sections in General Chat, especially in Fun and Games.

Please respect the distinction between the Support Area and the General Chat area.

Thanks.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I should add that we normally do OK with this. It seems that there was some hilarity over the last 24 hours which spread across a few threads here, and is not the normal style here.

Before EC was started, some of us on ### were looking at the other forums that banned underage JUBbers were referred to. One of the problems at many of them was people's serious threads requesting help etc not being taken seriously by other members. We don't want that here and we don't normally have that.

If we stick to how things were before the last day or so, we'll be fine. :thumbsup:

3. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

hi i was just wondering if you can direct me to how to get help understanding the threads,posts,and blog stuff plz:slight_smile: new member

4. Greggers

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3 : The support forum. If you have something you want support with, first try searching key words (example: "Gaydar", "coming out parents", "conservative town") to find other threads with your problem. If you cant find it then make your own thread with the appropriate title and as much info on your problem as you can give, the more the better.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showgroups.php : The mods and advisors. For one on one help you can private message any of the advisors on that list. They are all great and varied in age, gender and orientation. If you have questions or problems about the forums you can contact a forum mod for that. Until your a full member you can only PM people on this list.

A short run down of blogs and walls: Each member has there own wall that you can write on to send them short messages and have basic conversations. However, if you have something serious or private to discuss its better to Private Message them. Every member also has a blog they can post entrys on. This is great for ranting, stories, poetry, or anything really. People can also comment on these, but if you want people to discuss what you write forum posts are better.

Hope that helps? Write on my wall if you have any questions :slight_smile: