1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out to everyone and everyone loves me!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by titaniumCloset, Feb 1, 2011.

1. titaniumCloset

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm done! I'm fucking done! It's been an incredibly long and struggling path. From realizing I like guys, to realizing I'm gay, accepting I'm gay, coming out to friends, parents and now my siblings and them finally now accepting me. Many nights crying, praying I was straight, wondering what my family would think, what my friends would think.

I have come out to my closest friends, my parents, my brother and sister as well as my Facebook :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (does that count?). My friends were great, however my parents at first had issues with it. They have now come along and after I think great amounts of research have come to accept me. They have said they love me, they hope I find someone just as great as me to spend my life with and that guy will be welcomed at our home whenever I want. :grin: They read a book of essays/letters written by teens in regards to coming out as well as I'm sure a lot of research online and now that they're EDUCATED, they're able to accept me for who I am. I have always stressed this so much with people - they fear what they do not understand. If someone becomes educated on a topic, they are leeps and bounds more likely to accept it and be okay with it. This morning I woke up to an e-mail from my mother apologizing for making gay jokes, making fun of gay people, etc. and telling me how much she loves me, she will love to meet my future "friends" (she didnt say boyfriend heh, probably still working on it) and all kinds of other great things. I read it on my phone and just curled up and smiled in bed afterwards. :kiss: Today felt like the best day of my life in a long time and I shared that with others around me. Someone dropped a $20 while walking down the hallway and I gave it back to them. Normally if I saw a $20 I'd think "Hey its my lucky day" but the Happy "Me" thought otherwise today. Every song on the radio just made me smile and the sun coming down on me felt great (jealous non-Californians?)

I fucking love all of you for listening to all of my crap throughout all of this and as well as want to thank you for sharing your stories that I read to gain courage to do this myself. When I was in that shithole of a closet, I never really thought I would come out at first. It was some kind of dream-world that I could never be a part of. I now am in that dream world and it actually happened. I would read threads like this and think I could never do that, but I did and now everything has worked itself out and it's great.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

2. RaRa

I love posts like these. They make me smile throughout the entire thing. :slight_smile:

Congrats! :grin:

3. Artemicion

(!)(!)Omg Omg Omg Congratulations!!!(!)(!)

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

Lol..yes...smiling all the way is definitely something i get when reading these too :icon_bigg

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just so amazing. I remember when you posted about your parents not wanting you home for thanksgiving and how upset they were... and while they almost always come around, it's still really stressful when they're trying to get to that point.

So... mucho congratulations!

And... I'm guessing you're going to need to change your EC username?? :slight_smile:

5. EM68

Congrats!! SO happy for you! (!) (!)

6. Idonteven

congratulations, this made me smile :slight_smile: I'm happy for you.

7. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations (*hug*) I am so happy for you. I'm glad your parents educated themselves and realized that their love for you matters more than anything else.
    (*hug*) You can be proud of yourself !

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, that's an awesome story! And I'm especially relieved to see your parents managed to come around in the end too.

So yay for you! and also a little yay for us, but you really deserve all the credit for managing to turn your life around!

9. This is fantastic! SUPER-Congrats! This is definitely how coming out should feel and I am so happy for you that it's going so great!

10. IThinkInCircles

YAY!!! You rock!!

11. maverick

Right on man.

[​IMG]

12. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

GOOD FOR YOU ...... people dont realise but changing your orientation on facebook is a big thing, because its going from your friends and family knowing your gay to anyone who looks at your profile :grin: ... good on you mate :grin: x

13. titaniumCloset

LOL! Love it! :roflmao:

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    its the happy dance you!!!!

(!) (!!) (!)

15. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Should I be offended that the happy dance is associated with a banana. LOL J/K

16. Pokerface

congratulations! that's great news, now go out and live a happy life :grin:

17. TyPod

Congratulations, I'm jelous :grin:

18. Kohut

Kohut Guest

I couldn't read this without a grin on my face. Congratulations! :grin:

19. hiam1

hiam1 Guest

Sounds like a Disney ending. I'm happy for you bud

20. Wonderless

Out Status: