1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tyra Banks Show - "I Hate Being Gay."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JoeSchmoe, Feb 19, 2009.

1. JoeSchmoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Usually I don't watch Tyra cause I think she's a complete joke but I thought this was pretty interesting.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pup-0dBhRsc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YlBT9E1eZc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ2DNJ_r18U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CweXD1zgxaU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr8B3AKI9QM[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone else find this to be more hilarious than anything?

#1 JoeSchmoe, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crikey, tis pretty worrying people would put themselves through that. :confused: Dealines for turning straight, getting married to a woman, trying to go to conversion therapy, tis all worrying stuff. :\ What is even worse is that most of them seemed to be afraid of being gay because of stereotypes, which are only true to some extent. :frowning2:

Hopefully they'll actually accept it as they get older and won't put themselves in a position that will most likely result in them hurting themselves and others.

On a brighter note, Skyler is bloody cute. :grin:

3. interstella

I just watched the whole thing and I was just like...
    [​IMG]

Wow. That is messed up. I feel sorry for all of them, especially the two-year old :\

And I have to agree, Skylar is really cute :slight_smile:

EDIT: I've just realised that this is my 600th post! (!)

4. littledinosaurs

Hi Shane, you are effeminate and shouldn't be hating other people who are like that.... And you are creeped out by all anatomy?? This is confusing...
    Clearly Shane is not a maladjusted gay person. Its ashame.

5. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, I have to say this was definitely more hilarious than sad.

The kid who wanted a wife, children and a dog was just hilarious. And it's also very arrogant to think you'll just "get a wife and some kids" to make you happy. As if wives and kids are disposable objects with no feelings. I can understand someone coming to terms with sexuality afer getting married, but not tricking a woman into the whole American Beauty picture for some sort of self satisfaction.

and Tyra was being her usual airheaded self, wich is always funny. Her audience is particularly stupid though. When the married gay guy said he had a daughter everyone went "GASP" and then they showed a picture of her and everyone went "aaaaaaaw".

funny stuff.

6. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So very strange.

7. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

[​IMG]

Thats scary!!! I really feel unerved by this, luckily though, i live in England and for the most part, it is less "Concerned" about your sexuality and doesn't really have the sort of parents that have to take you to classes teaching you not to be gay, besides thats just wrong and against our human rights..Isn't it?

Skylers Cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Amy

Amy

This is beautiful.

9. Mickey

I don't find this very funny. I think it's sad that people can't/won't accept themselves for who they are. It just doesn't mess up their lives,it messes with all concerned.
    I know it's mostly about how they were raised(the religious aspects),but there comes a time that they need to come to terms with it. I am SO glad I never went through this. I knew I was a lesbian, at a young age, and that was that. It's who I am and I live my life accordingly. I just wish everybody could do the same.

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yeah, I don't think I'd ever go as far as to take classes...but the first kid is obviously confused. And that married gay couple was awesome...and HOPEFULLY an eye opener. And here I thought I was confused, jesus they have it way worst. Lol I can understand the one with glasses though. Thats the one I relate most to I think. And what hypocracy the first one spouted...lol

"My penis is beautifully shaped" or w/e. Lol Selfish decadent denial...must taste good.

11. kayar

Well yeah, it really had it's funny moments and I'm glad it was posted because I'm in the UK and wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

One thing though (and I'm sorry but I have to say it), while it's fine for us all to debate about how screwed and victimised or otherwise these guy are, etc.; I'm really also concerned about how this TV show chose to feature these guys, and what 'knock-on effect' that may have on the stereo-typing and stigmatising practices of the straight community against the gay community. Hell it's hard enough to make any headway there, for us to be compared by assosciation with these images can only serve to undo progress we've made.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to spoil the party - but sometimes you just have to tell it like it is!

Kayar. X

#11 kayar, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  12. kayar

Hey, 'Pvand'.

What you said about an open gay guy taking a wife, etc., and why would he do that?

'Sir Elton John' did exactly that!

I think it was back in the 1980's. He had been 'out' as a gay man for years, and then got 'married' to a woman he claimed at the time to love. Hey, guess what - IT DIDN'T WORK OUT! He has since admitted that he was out of order and that he hurt the woman in question badly.

Hope it's not some new gay disease! LOL

Take care, Kayar. X

13. RaRa

It was funny, but in the end I couldn't help but say "that's sad."

Skylar is really cute though, and Elian's wife is cute too. :slight_smile:

14. Alex19

how could he hate male anatomy?! a penis is soooo much better than a vagina! we dont bleed once a month!

15. Fiorino

After watching the whole thing, I think that Tyra took the right stance,
    she didn't refer to being gay as being a choice, she suggested more
    that these people would be unhappy if they chose to "turn straight",
    especially the part about it being unfair to women, and she also
    tried to show these guys that their stereotypes were wrong.
    So, overall I applaud her for her positive portayal.
    :eusa_clap

16. Shane amuses me, Greg just needs to get himself out there, and Mark needs to make up his mind about whether or not it's wrong to put a wife through that mess.

17. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is this for real? Some of these people seem like actors.

18. No One

i can never watch these things they make me feel bad

19. Étoile

Shane is...je ne sais quoi. Emotionally, he's seems bisexual. Sexually, he's pretty much asexual. He sounded more like an immature 11-year-old just learning about sex than a sexually active 19-year-old, which is scary. Although Skyler was kinda cute, is he gay or bisexual? He seemed so spacey too. LOL

Katy and Elian need to work out their complicated relationship. How can they be happy if Elian feels more attracted to men? They'll probably never be truly happy as husband and wife because of this.

Gregg has the easiest situation to deal with. He doesn't want to be straight, he just wants to feel comfortable with himself as a gay man. I hope he gets to know more gay men like himself and enjoy life.

Marc has the saddest story out of all of them. Going to ex-gay meetings and faking straight just to please society? He's going to live a miserable life if he doesn't realize that you can stop dating guys, but you can never stop being attracted to them. I mean, imagining having sex with a man while having sex with a woman leads to all parties hurt.

And Tyra? Crazy and ditzy as usual. :lol:

20. Miles D

:roflmao:
    that was amazing!
    "I once was in a relationship with a girl, and our feelings were so strong that I didn't care that..."
    "... that she had a cave?!"
    :lol: best ever.