1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Island

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by pirateninja, Sep 9, 2008.

1. pirateninja

Meh... what can I say, I like roleplaying.

(Idea stolen from Inthecloset. Now we can have our own big gay island :grin:)

--------------------------------

Pirateninja opened her eyes, stinging from the sea water and coughed from the air that was now flowing in her lungs. Suddenly realising that she was no longer aboard her beloved ship, she sat up quickly, searching for something to tell her where she was.

It seemed that she was stuck on a beach, surrounded by thick jungles. Calling out, only a distant RAWR echoed back to her. She sat down on the sand, pondering over her situation. The last thing she could remember was the huge storm that her pirate ship had been caught in, and as that thought crossed her mind, out of the corner of her eye she saw the splintered wreckage of a mast sticking up from behind a palm tree. The Pirateninja ran towards it, wondering if she could salvage anything from the wreck. Examining the timber, she realised that it could be made into a raft, but there was no way she was going to try and tackle the merciless waves on her own in a mere dinghy!

Sighing, she lay the longer pieces out on the beach to dry, hoping she could make a fire to signal for help, and began using others to create a makeshift shelter. After all, there was no telling how long it would take to get off this island, nor whether anybody else had been swept there as well.

All she could do for now, was to wait...

2. davo-man

Davo-man sauntered over, curious about the new inhabitant to the island he had called home for so many years. Originally a greatly famous superhero with talents of superstrength, superspeed, laser vision and telekinetics, he had survived the crash of an aircraft and had swam to shore on this beautiful island. He now knew every rock, crevice and coconut on the island by name and thought himslef a protector of it, although his powers had greatly diminished over time.

However he was not the only person on this island; there were others that even he feared. The Shadowers stayed to the shadows, but their breaths could be heard and late at night they could be seen wandering his campsite. Sometimes they took things, like wood, clothes or even an entire tent, but they kept largely to themselves. Perhaps this new arrival would bring them out of their shell, whether that be a good thing or a bad thing.

Davo-man said to Pirateninja "So, you new here?" casually helping her lift a large plank of wood. He used his superstrength throw it over to the stack about 10 metres away. "I've been here about 5 years myself. I kept thinking that people would come rescue me, but turns out they didn't need a young superhero and musta forgot about me pretty quick". He then used his laser vision to set some wood on fire, a trick that had helped him greatly in surviving the harsh realities of Island life

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just as the fire began to take, they were startled by a sound behind them. Whipping their heads around, they were started to see a gargoyle with a large satchel over his shoulders. "What are YOU doing here?" demanded Davo.

The gargoyle began rifling through his bag. "Oh," he said distractedly. "I was on myspace, and someone sent me one of those surveys. The last question was 'What five CDs would you take to a desert island?' So I thought I'd find out." He pulled out, as promised, five compact discs, still in their jewel cases. "Let's see - I've got Herbie Hancock, Prince, Bach, Radiohead and..." Sudden the gargoyle stopped and squinted at the one at the bottom of the pile. "The Ketchup Song? How'd that get in here?" The gargoyle looked up, taking in his surroundings. "Nice place you got here."

"Thanks," said Davo-man, still confused.

"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with these things now that I'm here," the gargoyle went on. "I guess the least I could've done was brought along something to play them on." He shrugged. "Ah well. May as well head back. When's the next boat arrive?"

"Boat?" echoed Davo-man. "There hasn't been a boat come by this way in half a decade."

"Hm. Guess I got a bit of a wait ahead of me," said the gargoyle, surprisingly nonplussed by this information. He sat down on a rock and rubbed his eyes.

Lex

4. Sitting in a tree, watching in on the actions of this new visitor to her sacred home, was the nodoubtjunkie-monkey. The midday sun making sweat beads run down her back, she quickly hopped down the branches of her tree and to the cooling foliage (sp?) of the undergrowth of the jungle. Peering through the reeds, she continued to watch, intrigued by happenings of this girl that had arrived on her island.

Yes, this was HER island, and had been for many, many generations, but for the best few decades, a few people had become stranded here, and many had taken it up as their home, with no regards and no thoughts for the creatures who already inhabited this beautiful island. They had come here every few years, and they had destroyed trees and stolen fruit, all to try and escape this place.

Scratching the back of her neck, the nodoubtjunkie-monkey decided to head back to her children at their home in the depths of the mass of jungle. They would be missing her by now, she expected. Setting off on her short journey back into the trees, The nodoubtjunkie-monkey hoped that this new girl would be different, and maybe they could all work together in peace on the island, whatever the outcome of this pirate-girls arrival, the nodoubtjunkie-monkey came to the conclusion that this would not be the last she or her family saw of this girl.

Back on the beach...

5. pirateninja

The Pirateninja turned her head as she heard a rustle in the trees, before warming her wet self from the fire created by Davo. Of all the things that she had ever seen on her travels, she could never have imagined herself stranded alongside a superhero and a strangely calm gargoyle. She looked back into the dark depths of the jungle, before making her way towards it.

6. The nodoubtjunkie-monkey was almost home now, she was approaching her tree where her children were still sleeping, smiling as she heard their gentle muffled snores from the branches above. The jungle sounded sereenly calm but the rustling of leaves from behind her startled her. 'An intruder...' She thought, her territorial streak beginning to emerge. She heard footsteps coming closer, turning quickly round, her claws ready to strike and her teeth ready to bite. She jumped and turned in the air, like something from Mission Impossible, ready for the attack. She was stopped in her tracks. The girl from the beach was standing infront of her, grinning cheerfully and holding...

7. Helen

Helen Guest

As the pirateninja turned towards the jungle, there was a burst of deep purple smoke smelling faintly of Turkish delight and various other musky Arabian smells from behind her, and a figure plummeted, yelling, into the sea a few dozen metres off shore. The figure swam to the beach, before collapsing, bedraggled, onto the sand.

After depositing a large mouthful of seawater, the stranger spluttered "ugh...oh god...Teleporting eh...you can never trust it, not even in emergencies >.<"

After seeing Davo, the gargoyle, and the Pirateninja, the mysterious person moved towards the fire warily, before sitting down, and introducing herself. She seemed to be a Mediterranean-looking young woman in her mid-to-late teens, with a double-reeded instrument strapped to her back.

"Name's Helen. I was pursuing a certain Walrus on my carpet (they're all the rage in Dubai now), to ask him if he knew the whereabouts of my good friend Heatqueen, because I heard down the grapevine that he did. I tried to pursue him, but he evaded my carpet; must've thought I was trying to capture him. I thought I saw him swimming to this island, so I thought I'd test out the new teleporting function to see if I could get a little head start. Evidently that teleporting function still needs work, because it didn't bother to transport the carpet too. So here I am, with no way of getting back."

8. Helen

Helen Guest

(sorry, don't know why that posted twice...)

#8 Helen, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  9. pirateninja

The Pirateninja greeted Helen, and nudged her slightly closer to the fire that Davo-man had created, before the sun that she was standing in suddenly disappeared. She turned on the spot, finding herself face to face with a monkey. She dropped the small plank of wood she was holding in surprise, but was pleased to see that it didn't issue an air of a threat.

She sat down, still smiling at the monkey, who was viewing her with a curious look, and gestured towards the fire, where our group was sat, warming themselves as night was beginning to fall.

10. The nodoubtjunkie-monkey was suprised by this friendly reaction, she was not expecting this. A roaring fire was alight on the sand, and the friendly 2-legged creature continued to smile. She made a beckoning motion with her hand. For some reason the nodoubtjunkie-monkey felt no threat from this person. Looking back, and seeing her children still fast asleep, she began to edge herself towards the girl, and the roaring flames which filled the corner of her eye.

11. lodiug

Then out of nowhere Lodiug appeared and then disappeared again. The nodoubtjunkie-monkey went to the sight were Lodiug dissapeared and saw a banana laying on the ground. Loduig appeared again and gave the banana to the monkey to feed her children.

Lodiug said that the monkey's island was haunted and that they should not go to the other side of the island. Lodiug disseapered again leaving another banana behind. Could there be a possible link with the strange hauntings and bananas....

#11 lodiug, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  12. pirateninja

The pirateninja suddenly had a moment in which she subconsciously thought she would wait for a certain man named Janvier to butt in at this point, as even though she didn't know him, she somehow knew that this man had a strange love of bananas.

13. Daniel

On the other side of the island dark things were happening. The ancient dead of the island, destroyed epochs ago by vanity, greed, and avarice, were stirring once again do to the new arrivals on the island. The last of those dead made his way into the great forest and into the darkest cave of the island to grow in strength, taking with him many of the great bananas of the island. Daniel as he was named knew that these new comers would do great things before they left.

14. jazzrawr

A rustling noise comes from the bushes, growing louder by the minute.
    The people around the fire looked to the foliage on their left, wondering what in the hell it was...

And were answered by a girl in purple, screaming "BUGS! Theyre everywhere...get them off!! RAWR!" before tripping over a vine and falling on her face.

As the onlookers gazed at her in bewildered silence, she looked up, and jumped suddenly, realizing how many people were staring at her, rolling on the ground.

"Erm...*cough* Do you guys by any chance know where the frack we are?" She says, observing the strange group; she never thought she'd see a Pirateninja, a superhero, a gargoyle, a monkey, and a Mediterranian musician all in one place, sitting around a fire.

She made her way over to them, trying to look cool and calm despite the branches and sand in her hair from her spectacular fall.

15. Jonathan

At that moment, a gigantic whale surfaced near the island. It remained motionoless for a moment, then all of a sudden starting expelling tons of water from it's blowhole. Then unexpectedly, a person shot forth from the whale and was sent flying into the air only to come crashing back down into the sea.

After a second to rest and regain his bearings, Muzzy began swimming towards the island (he was definitely not going ANYWHERE near that whale). Exhausted, Muzzy stumbled onto the island and after a few steps finally realized the others, who all were staring at him.

Nervous and embarrassed, all that he was able to force from his mouth was "Hi...?"

16. The nodoubtjunkie-monkey thought she was dreaming.
    She was surrounded by all these two-legged creatures.
    Looking back, she saw her children beginning to rise from their sleep. She would have to go and tend to them, they would be needing fed. Which is going to be much easier today, she thought, noticing the banana's by her feet. She really must go and see her children now, but as she was getting up to leave....

17. pirateninja

The Pirateninja was stunned; in less than an hour, she had gained a few more companions on this island. At least she was no longer stuck here on her own.

Now fully dry from being sat in front of the fire for so long, she rose to go and find some food. She hadn't eaten since her last meal on the ship, which was a few days ago.

"Err... guys, I'm going to go get some food... any requests?"

The rest muttered various fruits, as the Pirateninja turned quickly into the leafy jungle. She had walked barely a few metres in, when a shadow crossed her path. Pirateninja stepped back in surprise, tripping over a protruding tree root, but as soon as her eyes focused, it was gone. Relieved, she picked herself up, brushing the dirt off her, and made a mental note to ask Davo-Man about it later.

18. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A slightly confused-looking dark-haired girl appears seemingly out of nowhere, reaching out a hand to the Pirateninja to help her stand up. "Sorry. Did I startle you?" She looks around, spotting the very eclectic group around the fire. "Um, where am I? What is this place?" She frowns, and makes her way over to the fire, avoiding all eye contact.

19. Daniel

Daniel watched the one that looked like a Pirateninja. She seemed important. She could draw others from many places, or so it seemed. She radiated energy and if he stayed close to her he might be saved.

20. jazzrawr

"Umm...could you find me some pineapple? Please? Erm...thanks!" The girl in purple calls to Pirateninja's retreating form.

She turns to the group at the fire, blushing a bit at all the eyes on her.
    "I'm Jazz...I was testing out my new [rawr] technique, rawr-porting, and...a bug landed on me. >.< I guess I got distracted...and here I am, I suppose." She tells the group, looking at the strange figures all sitting together.

She takes a seat next to the young oboe player, and pulls out her flute.
    "A fellow musician!" She says with a smile, relieved to find someone with something in common.