1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jingled the closet's handle, peered outside, grinned

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by boyequal, Nov 4, 2007.

1. boyequal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I've been jingling the handle on my closet's door for quite some time now, testing the waters so to speak. Usually "coming out" in double entendres or just messing about, but all times making sure that it's know that I am not gay (not straight, but not gay :wink: )

Yesterday was a big night. Went to the movies with two girl friends of mine. I had been wondering the whole day whether I should tell them that something's up with me.

We were having pizza before heading to the movies and they joked about being an item. I sat there, raising an eyebrow. They were just joking. I'm not exactly sure how this came around but they said something in the line of: "You're not gay. Unless you are, then we don't want to hurt you by saying you're not. So if you're gay, please tell us so we know." Right. That seems positive!

Anyway, we went to see the movie, was quite fun and heading for coffee afterwards. We sat there, I was by my second cup of bottemless. We were discussing another conversation we had where only one girl and I discussed each other and she said that I'm the best friend a girl could have and said: "That sounds like a gay friend!" and again "unless you are gay, then tell us, so we know that you are and we don't hurt you by saying you're not." I started sweating. My pulse was racing. My hands started shaking. I said: "Do you know why my hands are shaking?"

The rest is kind of a blur. Without directly saying: "Yes, I'm gay," I let it know that I might be. There were no mixed messages, they understood. One just hooked off and said: "Cool!"

I fell flat on the table, relieved. That was actually boring, compared to other coming outs (lol). I ordered another coffee.

We walked around the mall for another while, not really discussing it and they started discussing underwear and other things I only assume girls talk about, they usually did that around me, but I just noticed it now. We discussed a bit about our taste in men on the way home. It was fun actually. When I dropped them off, gave each a hug, said thank you and asked please. The please was not to let anyone know yet.

(As I'm typing this, I'm actually feeling quite happy about it, but read on and see why I'm still not happy)

That night I was chatting with another friend on Yahoo! and when my mother finally went to bed, I told her that. That's a whole different story, which I'll be posting in the Advice section. Here's the LINK

Phew! :icon_bigg

#1 boyequal, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. AlmightyFluffy

Good for you! You earned a complimentary gift basket! It has the complete season one of Will & Grace, a Judy Garland CD, a pair of gemstone encrested hot pants, and a bouquet of roses. *
    :3

*Note-gift basket may or may not actually exist. If gift basket is not recieved within three to six weeks, then please send a letter to the rainbow council and they will quickly send it to you post haste. For speedier delivery you can request it to be...this joke is getting to wordy, I'll end it here.

Anywho, congrats.

3. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congrats on talking to your friends :eusa_clap

I know it's a bit wierd when people give a 'cool you're gay, let's move on' response when you come out because you always expect them to say "REALLY??? How do you know?" etc, etc, and bombard you with all kinds of questions. But it's awesome that they were so open in saying they didn't want to offend/upset you by labelling you with an incorrect sexuality. I also think it was good of them to initiate the conversation & make you feel comfortable about discussing it.

P.S.- I am still waiting on my gift basket..... :lol: Lol!

4. Louise

Phew, bet that was a relief!

Good for you, I feel really happy for you (!) (!) (!) You have some lovely friends there.

5. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

congrats

6. Jim1454

That's great! Congrats. *heads off to read other thread...*