1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mixed signals from a girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ank11451, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Ank11451

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello! I need some advice please. I recently moved to a new city and used ******* to meet new friends, and I met this really cool, awesome chick. We both established from the beginning that we were going on a "friend date" and don't want anything romantic. The second time we hung out she kept asking me why I didn't want to date and told me that I just needed to find the right person and I was drunk so I wasn't really taking the conversation as serious as I should. The last time we hung out she was flirting with me, grabbing my ass and kissing me on the cheek, she even asked me to stay the night at her house and said she'd make me breakfast in the morning but I just ignored her because I was drink and didn't want to because she had made it clear she wasn't looking for a relationship and isn't in to one night stands and I think that if I went home with her I may have tried to hook up with her and I want to respect her. Also, she has sent me 2 romantic YouTube videos, one of them was "damn I wish I was your lover" and I am just getting such mixed signals from her and don't know what to do. We were supposed to hangout tomorrow and then she told me she invited another friend and someone else that she met off of ******* ....I am too scared to say something because that could ruin the dynamic of the friendship. Do you think she sees me as more than a friend and how should I go about asking her!?? Agh!

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2016 at 10:19 PM ----------

The ***** is the dating app that I used to meet her.

2. Rachelmk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of the things you're saying definitely sound like she's trying to get across to you that she's attracted to you and wants to take your relationship a step further. If you're comfortable around her and feel like you're good enough friends, I would be straight up blunt and ask her, "Are you into me? I feel like I've been getting signals and I don't want to misinterpret them." If she says yes and you feel the same way, you can work from there. If you don't feel the same way, then establish that you can't reciprocate her feelings and be clear. If she doesn't feel that way towards you, you can tell her her behavior makes you a little uncomfortable (if it does, that is) and you can continue your friendship without the awkwardness. Good luck!