1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriends family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AlexGreen242, Aug 26, 2016.

1. AlexGreen242

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so I've been dating this guy for almost 8 months now and it's going good for the most part there have been some issues. Although I'm having a hard time coming to terms to how close he is with his family as I am not like that with my family. It's just a bit weird to me when he tells me some of the things his family does and what he would do for his family. Some of it irritates the living crap out of him although he does these things anyways. I guess my question is how in the hell do I except that is family is so important to him even though half of the things they want him to do are ridiculous.

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of my boyfriends were very close to their families where as I was not. Honestly, I felt this had nothing to do with the relationship that they had with their families. In fact, if anything, I was envious and wished I had the same. However, at the same time, it made me love them even more because of their closeness. What I'm trying to tell you is that whatever issues you have with this, you are going to have to leave this alone and just focus on the relationship that you have with him because you can't become between him and his family no matter what you may think of their relationship but its what works for them. In the long run, if you voice your concerns with his family connection, there's a good chance this could cause problems with your relationship with him. If anything, perhaps, you should try to create some kind of connection/bond with his family in order for you to gain some kind of understanding.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto on what JonSomebody said. If your boyfriend ever perceives you trying to interfere in the relationship between him and his family, that may very well torpedo your relationship with him. Even if he were to ask for advice about matters dealing with his relationship with family members, you have to be very careful because if he thinks you are trying to change or sabotage his base relationship to his family members, again it may very well torpedo the relationship the two of you have. Not surprisingly, this is true for straight relationships and marriages, as well.