1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convinced That Friendship Doesn't Exist

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HeavenMade, Jun 3, 2016.

1. HeavenMade

Out Status:
    A few people
    As absurd as it sounds, I feel that I have never had one true friend. The single friend that remains, I seldom see anymore. All of the others left me because I always managed to do something wrong on my behalf, and they would rather slander me than talk it out. I don't think I can describe just how alienated I feel, at times.

But I always must ask myself: Do I truly want friends? I'm too afraid to get attached to others because I don't want to suffer the same disappointment that I have been enduring for years. Yet at the same time, I loathe and resent this aching, stabbing loneliness.

I'm not sure of as to what to do. At all.:icon_sad:

#1 HeavenMade, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I'm sorry you feel like that. Maybe you've just had a really bad run. Have you tried joining groups that you're interested in to meet people who enjoy similar things? I'm sure you could talk to a bunch of people on here who'd like to be your friend, too.

You mentioned you do something wrong and your friends leave you. Maybe have a think about that. Maybe they thought that you weren't being a true friend to them.

I'm sure that a new friend will be right around the corner for you. I hope you're able to open up and trust them, but if not, don't worry. That kind of stuff can take time.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Friendship is something that I take very seriously and because of that, I am very careful to whom I call my friend. Over the years, you learn from bad situations which teaches you how to differentiate who is a friend or who is just an acquaintance as well as who is genuine enough to be a part of your personal space. I have a very small circle of guys in my life that I consider my friends and they have been there for me now over 16 years. Therefore, there are such a thing a having great friendships...its just something that will come along in its own time and pace.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It exists. I have one best friend I trust my life with, but many many others have hurt me and have been emotionally manipulative. It's hard to see the good sides of people when you have been hurt, but you will get there.