1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texted my crush, looks like it failed.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ModernCat, Feb 13, 2016.

1. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I texted her about "Chocolate on sale in the 15th" expecting her to text back "Why?" or anything at all, then I would say "Because the stores try to get rid of chocolates people didn't buy." I've seen people comment that kind of stuff on Youtube and I've seen them on memes. It's meant to be a non-serious, fun text.

She always texts back within minutes. About two hours at the most.

5 hours later she gives me no answer.

I realized that the joke only works in English. It doesn't mean anything but an advertisement in her language.

Why had I not thought of this?

They're not going to get the same joke English speakers do. The cultural gapp!!

Chances are she went "wtf?" and assumed I sent it to the wrong person. Or being plain annoying. I don't usually text things like this so she must've been confused.

Should I let it go or send a text again in the morning(it's midnight right now) saying it was meant to be a joke in English not a phone virus? Or should I wait and assume she dropped her phone in the toilet?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a non-native English speaker, I have seen the joke everywhere this week so would have gotten it but probably wouldn't have replied anything more than a '' lol'' and a laughing emoji.

I am a bit confused about what your expectations were when you sent that text and where you wanted the conversation to go as there is really very little to reply to such a text.

I probably wouldn't bother sending another text about it if I were you. You can always text send her a text tomorrow but make it about something totally different or just ask her how her valentine's day is going or whatever ( good way to get to know if she had a date or if she has someone on her mind). :slight_smile:

Good luck ! :slight_smile:

#2 Lin1, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I wanted an excuse to text her, but couldn't think of one, so I ended up texting that. Maybe she would play along. Yeah, not the best convo starter.

#3 ModernCat, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
  4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well tomorrow use Valentine's day as a convo starter, she is more likely to respond to that than to some 'inside joke' she probably didn't get. Good luck though !(*hug*)