1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People react to heterosexuals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Toast8971, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Toast8971

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is ridiculous. I don't even know how I'm supposed to react to this.

On one hand, I feel like laughing at their ignorance. On the other hand, I feel disgusted by they hatred.

3. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ignorance and bigotry tend to go hand in hand.

4. Quiet Raven

Yeah, I feel exactly the same. Omg.

And apparently the insane dude with his face blocked is not happy about being on YouTube.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JosephACostello/status/488873164986777600

#4 Quiet Raven, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  5. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. Quiet Raven

7. Gen

Gen

I completely agree, but at least heterosexuals aren't as disgusting as those greedy homosexuals. Attracted to both sexes, please. Pick a side!

8. PurpleGrey

9. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I would like to raise my child to be like me, and not like the heterosexual."

:eusa_doh:

10. shinji

shinji Guest

You all do realize how hard it is for people to gather their thoughts and hold themselves composed in situations where a camera is pointed at their face, right?

Add to this the fact that we do not know, exactly how many people were "interviewed" in order to get the few, that would give such a response.

Putting people on the spot like this, it's not how real journalism is done. The goal of the author is quite clear and the way he achieved these results is not honorable.

11. One Man Army

Yes, his intention was to mislead people and to trick them into saying 'stupid' things. I agree that his methods were less than honest.

On the other hand, the answers that some of those people gave were disturbing. Even if you've got a camera pointing at your face, it's still no reason to spout hateful bullshit like that. It's no excuse.

12. 741852963

Regardless of whether they fumbled their thoughts and misheard heterosexual for homosexual, their reactions and opinions were their own. Its not like pointing a camera at someone automatically turns them into a massive racist/homophobe/sexist person.

Well given its one youtuber going round on his own interviewing people, and that he probably spent five minutes which each person we are probably talking 100 people max if he did it all in a day and was extremely lucky with participation. Think back to the last time you saw someone doing a survey on the street - not many people stop do they - its bloody difficult finding people willing to take part in these things.

But even if he had interviewed 10,000 people (which would have taken him many, many months) it would still be equally shocking that even a single person would say he wanted gay people rounded up, put in gas chambers and killed by napalm (burnt alive). Managing to find that level of extremism voluntarily expressed on the streets of a major US city is disturbing in its own right.

#12 741852963, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  13. shinji

shinji Guest

Most people are homophobic/sexist/racist to some extent, it's just that they have the forethought to keep their own opinions to themselves.

Adding a camera into the mix, serves to "reveal" these views. People feel flustered when in such situations, so they tend to ramble more than they should.

14. Quiet Raven

Yeah. This person should seriously be taken into custody. He is freaking insane.

I mean, I know people say stuff like that when they dont really mean it. But it really seems like this guy is serious.

15. 741852963

True, I think the camera can probably give us an insight into their inner thoughts - I don't think however, that it would exaggerate them (e.g. I doubt the camera would turn a mildy intolerant person into an extreme homophobe).

Thats what is scary.

I think if I ran this experiment in my locale (a reasonably homophobic place) I'd probably get quite a few "lock 'em up" (wanting homosexuality re-criminalised) or "send them to the mental asylum" comments; maybe even a couple of "I'd kick their face in" style threats of violence. However I highly doubt (thankfully) I'd find someone effectively advocating genocide or execution like that one guy did - that is a level of extremism that surprises and shocks me and does deserve to be exposed to raise awareness of how bad opinion is in that city.

16. Summer1110

wow.....just......wow

17. marleyevans

I am laughing so much right now. I can't even take them seriously - they're so stupid. Oh my gosh.:lol:

18. Theboythat

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's kind of funny, the one guy who said "I want my kid to be like me, not like the heterosexual."

19. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hilarious?? For those abroad, perhaps...but if you live in the US, these are the people who have a right to vote for your nations leaders.

Some of you have that right, and have the ability/responsibility to counter these idiot's votes (although some in that position say they'll never vote *rolls eyes*...thanks).

Some of you don't yet have that right...instead of you, it's *these* people (or at least the ones they're electing) who are making the decisions!

That is not funny. That is *scary*.

Don't believe me or don't see the problem? Watch the video again, and think about it.

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember kids, stay in school, or else you'll turn into a parody of yourself.