1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

androgynous presentation, how do you do it.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wannabemarco, Oct 19, 2014.

1. wannabemarco

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've felt really confident with my gender fuck identity for about a year now. I'm out to the people in my life that can handle it but I still have this nagging issue with presentation. I feel like I present significantly male of center and I don't have any good ideas about how to fix that.

So what do people on here do to feel more androgynous?
    Any helpful advice about curbing dysphoria would be awesome too.

thanks

2. The iD

I try to dress in a somewhat gender neutral/androgynous way, but I still present in a male fashion, so I dunno too much about being 100% androgynous. My best advice would be to dress how you feel comfortable. Find how you like to dress and present yourself.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Keeping my frame slim. Growing taller.

I've been talking lower. I feel like it is easier to blend if I talk softer and lower. Sometimes, there's a little rasp in my voice too.

I've been wearing clothes from both sections. Especially, these South American work shirts that look like European Tunics. Because they are a foreign style, many people probably don't know that I am wearing a man's shirt. It's like cross dressing incognito. I also wear long-sleeved button down women's blouses from Uniqlo. They have an unisex-ish vibe with some of their clothes. People look at me and assume that I am wearing Men's. You really can't tell.

I don't wear anything that is too obviously feminine, especially in cut. I do have exceptions in cloaks, some shoes, and jewelry. I don't wear anything that is butch, or at least, I try not to. I don't want to look butch. It's about keeping some balance and ambiguity.

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At this point, I am so feminine in appearance that presenting in solely masculine ways is the only way for me to be taken androgynously. I'm cautious with how much femme I incorporate into my presentation for now, but ideally, in the future, I won't need to be cautious at all. We'll see I guess.