1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have more guy friends or girl friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Sep 14, 2014.

?

Do you have more guy friends or girl friends?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2014.
  1. Guys

52.9%
  2. Girls

22.9%
  3. About the same

20.0%
  4. I can't tell

4.3%
  1. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Defintely more girls. Ratio is like 9:1 girls to boys

2. iHateThinking

Mostly guy friends, but it's mostly a matter of happenstance.

Being around guys is a bit easier, cause potential attraction is non. I also bond on a platonic level a bit better with guys. Sometimes I wish I had more lady friends, cause I like talking to a lot of different kinds of people, and it's nice to have individual variety. Even if you're talking about the same topic between groups, hearing all the different opinions is really nice.

3. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I grew up with boys in my neighbourhood. I still have more guy friends.. I somehow get along with them better.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I suspect most guys would find women harder to relate to, irrespective of sexual issues. You just won't have as many common interests.

5. soulcatcher

It depends. My best friend used to be one guy, after that it was a girl.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I find is that I can get along with girls/women just fine and then there's a quick turn. It sort of reminds me of petting a cat who is purring along who then decides to take a swipe at you with a paw, claws extended. Since I'm not wired that way, I certainly don't understand such a quick turn on their part. It also means I will be taking a hike and most likely ending the friendship.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. My therapist and I were discussing this during our last session, but not as it relates to this issue, specifically.

7. ChameleonSoul

My best friend is female, but for friends in general, I'd say it's about even gender-wise.

8. Bubble Bun

Bubble Bun Guest

It's really difficult to befriend boys to me.

I usually can befriend a girl easier because I get along really well with girls. And I usually have a sibling-like relationship with most of them.

When it comes to boys, I am too nervous to approach them, and I am always flustered when engaging a conversation with one.

I have a few male friends, myself, but we hardly speak anymore.

Most of the boys at my high school are intimidated by me, exclaiming I convey this 'bad vibe'. Due to my emotionless expression and lack of communication, when in reality I'm actually a bit outgoing, and enjoyable to be around~

But I'm trying to befriend more boys, it's just sorta difficult, I'll manage to overcome this obstacle though. (#`ε´#ゞ

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I currently have only one friend, and she is a girl. Historically I have had the same amount of male and female friends.

10. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have more male friends from college. But more female friends from high school. And again more guy friends from middle school. I guess it is, overall, about the same.
    My best friend, or, rather, the one I've been closest with lately is female though.

11. TheStormInside

I have more female friends. I find I tend to form deeper relationships with women, in general. Guys are cool and all, and I have a few guy friends, but I just have a hard time relating or connecting with most them. Almost like there's a wall there.

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A little more girl friends than guy friends. Before it was just about equal, but I've gained many more guy friends. Still more girl friends though.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

girls, absolutely

i don't know if boys can sense i'm not interested in them or if i am too intimidating/"bitchy" (straight-forward and refusal to dumb myself down and giggle at everything? i dont even know) for them but they almost never want to befriend me, especially the ones that find out i'm lesbian lol

14. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I wish I has more guy friends damn they are cute. But I am a lot more comfortable with girls because then tend to be more progressive and accepting and less prick like. I mean I can not stand most Guys I mean because they are just ass's that being said two of my best friends are guys and I love them to the end of the earth.

15. tulipinacup

I think I hang out with girls more but it's the fact that I'm more comfortable with them, however I do have online friends and I have more guy friends. I get along with guys more but alas, their homophobic remark turns me off.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    More girls than guys now .

17. newfish

Girls, by far. And I'm closer friends with them.

18. Randomcloud

While I find it easier to get along with guys, my course is 99% girls so I've ended up with more girl friends haha

19. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a fraternity...soooo guys, but not by much.

20. C P

C P

Definitely have more girl friends, by a bit of a margin, although I do have/have had some guy best friends. I feel plenty of that is to do with how I feel a lot more comfortable around women, in general, and how girls tend to be easier to befriend, etc.

Eh, I don't see why not, though I guess my 'interests' just float around a bit. They tend to lean closer to the stereotypical guy but I wouldn't say that makes it tougher to relate to women. There's more to it than that, at least imo.