1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilt

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Minnie, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Minnie

I was at a night club yesterday/this morning and my friend, who just turned 18 a month ago, ended up really liking this 23-year-old, making out with him and taking him home after. We were drunkish. This older guy kept appearing and I'd point it out to my friend, saying at one point that "you two need to stop bumping into each other - something could happen!" My friend kept thanking me for going to the club with him because he thinks he wouldn't have met this guy otherwise, although they probably would. Which leads onto my next point.
    Before we met this 23 year old, another older guy (don't know how old) came over and started kind of flirting with my friend, and this guy was friends with the 23-year-old. Later on the even older guy tried kissing my friend, who obviously didn't want him to, and I just stood and watched. I did however help pull my friend away but I think it might have been when my friend was moving away anyway... I wish I'd done it as soon as this guy tried kissing my friend. I feel so guilty not doing anything. And I feel guilty that my 18 year old friend has now hooked up with a 23 year old and I encouraged them getting together. I don't think I encouraged them to go and do it, and it was their idea to go to my friend's house after. But still. I feel I've played a part and been irresponsible. I know my friend is technically an adult and can make his own decisions but he is so young really.
    Once my friend's back online I'm going to ask if everything's okay and just tell him how I feel and apologise strongly.
    Should I be beating myself up so much? Did I really do something wrong/bad? I'm scared I've led my friend to be hurt. Please God don't let him be hurt, and not because of me...

2. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    So you think it's not ok for your 18 year old friend to be with a 23 year old, because the age gap is too big? And you consider him "so young" when you are just 1 year older than him?

I think I am either missing the point, or this isn't a big deal at all. IMO 18 and 23 y/os together are not a problem at all.

Also, I like the quote in your signature. :slight_smile:

3. Minnie

Not just because he's 1 year younger than me. He just is emotionally immature I think. If we were the same age I'd probably feel similar. Just him as a person, I don't think he's mature enough to handle stuff like this.