1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am sending a letter to my friend. First coming out, wish me luck!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by blankpaper, Jul 15, 2010.

1. blankpaper

I'm so nervous but super excited because I know that my friend is really accepting but still.....I'M SO NERVOUS. lol okay I'm just going to do it.

BTW my letter is below, I posted a letter in the advice section but I basically rewrote the whole thing.

Hi _____,
    There is something really important that I want to tell you. I wish I could do it in a better way but honestly (as you know) I’m not exactly comfortable with sharing my thoughts/feelings. This is the best way I could think to do this and you are the best person I could think to tell. Thanks for that : )

This is really hard for me to type, let alone say out loud: I’m gay. Just knowing that you’re going to be reading that makes me feel so scared and vulnerable. And I hope that you will accept this because it always has and always will be a part of me. It’s taken me six years to accept and comes to terms with this but the idea of keeping this a secret makes me feel terrible. I’ve been fighting it and I guess you just can’t fight nature. All those moments at the end of this past school year when I was especially moody and seemed to be distant or quiet stemmed from this thought swirling around in my head. I was trying so hard to convince myself I was “normal”. I can’t anymore. I’m tired of fighting. But I’m okay and even happy now because I feel truer to myself.

I’m lucky to have friends like you and ** who I know will understand. And the only thing that keeps me from coming out to everyone is that we have a select few friends who I feel would let this fact get in the way of our friendship.

Please feel free to contact me is you have any questions or just want to talk. And don’t be offended if when I see you face to face again I am really shy and awkward, that’s the true me believe it or not. It has nothing to do with you, I’m just not used to having someone else know a part of me.

I hope we can still hang out after I get back from Switzerland. Thank you for understanding,

ME!!

PS I haven’t told ** yet but I will be telling her face to face (hopefully) when she gets back from Italy and I get back from Switzerland

#1 blankpaper, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. Similar to what I wrote to my mom. Good luck!

3. Walolas

Good luck!

4. ceejay

ceejay Guest

Good luck I fully understand writing to someone.

5. blankpaper

Geez I'm so wound up now! The bad thing about e-mailing is that I don't know when she is going to check her e-mail next!! Augh!!! : P

6. AlyssWonderland

Ugh, I know how that feels. My last coming out was the same. Good luck though! :slight_smile:

7. blankpaper

OMG I just checked my friends FB...... she just left for canada. i'M Going TO Go cRAzy!!! But she'll be back before tuesday I know so, *sigh* I guess I'll just check back early next week. Thanks everyone for the support :slight_smile:

8. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Oh that's a blow. Best of luck, I am sure everything will go fine. (*hug*)

9. Walolas

wait they dont got internet in canada? weird lol

10. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That SUCKS but at least she might see it in canada at some point...

11. blankpaper

she answered me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Stephanie

I'm not going to lie...this news came to a bit of a shock to me. But I'm also really glad that you told me. I'm really happy that you feel comfortable enough around me and have enough confidence in our friendship that you can tell me something like this. I can't even comprehend how difficult this must have been for you. And I hope you know that this won't change anything...we will still have our deep insightful chats about evolution and where humanity is going, and then all our random conversations about Swiss food! :slight_smile:
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really glad that you wanted me to know this part of you. And also I want you to know (I figure you already do know because I feel that you wouldn't be telling me otherwise) that I won't tell anyone. Nobody should hear this piece of information unless it is coming from you. So I'll leave that part up to you! And you can always come and talk to me, whatever, whenever. And if you weren't so Amish I would tell you that you could text me anytime, but you just have to be difficult! HAHA. Anyway I hope telling me wasn't too difficult for you and you know that I will always have your back.

Newt

P.S we are TOTALLY hanging out before summer is over! You, me, Catherine, and Justine!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i'm so happy :slight_smile:

#11 blankpaper, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  12. Walolas

Gratz on the good response!

13. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! That's awesome!! :slight_smile: