Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Vegetable Oil As Lube?

Ok so i recently decided to try using vegetable oil for masturbation because a friend told me to try it. Besides discovering i didn't like it i also suddenly wondered something. Can using vegetable oil as lube during masturbation (only once) hard your penis? Was just wondering and thought i would ask.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Posting Anonymously

Default Re: Vegetable Oil As Lube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Ok so i recently decided to try using vegetable oil for masturbation because a friend told me to try it. Besides discovering i didn't like it i also suddenly wondered something. Can using vegetable oil as lube during masturbation (only once) hard your penis? Was just wondering and thought i would ask.

OP

I mean HARM your penis or yourself in general
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Insert Pointless User Title

Orientation: Pansexual
Out Status: Anyone with an open mind

i honestly dunno i suppose its natural oil so unless you allergic to whatever teh oils come from tehn i would say no ....but oil + frictional heat = can anyone smell saussages? ...so i would just use normal lube ... that way you dont need to worry abotu these things....
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Forum Admins
EC Admin

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

Nah, can't cause any harm. Can be really helpful to hard your penis, though

Many massage oils are made from vegetable oils including almond, canola, and other oils, and before a lot of commercial lubes were available, a lot of people used vegetable-oil based massage lotions or even vaseline (yuk!)

Basic rule of thumb is if you can safely eat it, it probably won't cause you any harm putting it on your skin (though I'm sure there are some exceptions.)
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 06:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calchip View Post
Nah, can't cause any harm. Can be really helpful to hard your penis, though

Many massage oils are made from vegetable oils including almond, canola, and other oils, and before a lot of commercial lubes were available, a lot of people used vegetable-oil based massage lotions or even vaseline (yuk!)

Basic rule of thumb is if you can safely eat it, it probably won't cause you any harm putting it on your skin (though I'm sure there are some exceptions.)
jam and wasps dont go well....but i think your more or less right i thin allergys like nut oil and such should be looked at...sex play with peanut butter...just no.
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Fmr EC Health Expert

Vegetable oils are safe to use on your skin. Olive oil has been used for masturbation for many years.

The usual problem with vegetable oils is that they tend to get "gummy" during masturbation and they stain clothing/sheets (which is difficult to wash out).

And of course- never use any oil-based product with condoms or rubber-based sex toys.
KaraBulut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 10:46 PM   #7
Posting Anonymously

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBulut View Post
Vegetable oils are safe to use on your skin. Olive oil has been used for masturbation for many years.

The usual problem with vegetable oils is that they tend to get "gummy" during masturbation and they stain clothing/sheets (which is difficult to wash out).

And of course- never use any oil-based product with condoms or rubber-based sex toys.
lemme take this further, can these cooking oils be used as anal lube? I know the thicker the better but still I wonder...?
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Forum Admins
EC Admin

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

Quote:
lemme take this further, can these cooking oils be used as anal lube? I know the thicker the better but still I wonder...?
As KB said, never use an oil with latex, as it will break down the latex. Since one should not be having sex that isn't safer sex (except with a long-term partner where both have been tested and you trust the other person so much you'll literally place your life in his hands), one should not be using cooking oils for lubrication for anal sex.

If one insists on barebacking, there is no safety reason, assuming the oil is sterile and bacteria-free, that it could not be used.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2009, 03:47 AM   #9
Fmr EC Health Expert

Quote:
Quote:
As KB said, never use an oil with latex, as it will break down the latex. Since one should not be having sex that isn't safer sex (except with a long-term partner where both have been tested and you trust the other person so much you'll literally place your life in his hands), one should not be using cooking oils for lubrication for anal sex.

If one insists on barebacking, there is no safety reason, assuming the oil is sterile and bacteria-free, that it could not be used.
Exactly.

The general rule is that anything that you can safely eat or drink is also safe to put in your ass.

But oils do break down rubber and latex, so they're not safe to use with condoms or sex toys made of petroleum products. You could use oils if you're playing with your ass with your fingers while masturbating or if you are using a glass dildo or the like (although from a practical standpoint, glass dildo + oily hands = great frustration).

But if you're planning on barebacking, the question of the safety of oil-based lubes is the least of your worries.

Last edited by KaraBulut; 4th Nov 2009 at 03:49 AM..
KaraBulut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2009, 08:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBulut View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.

The general rule is that anything that you can safely eat or drink is also safe to put in your ass.

But oils do break down rubber and latex, so they're not safe to use with condoms or sex toys made of petroleum products. You could use oils if you're playing with your ass with your fingers while masturbating or if you are using a glass dildo or the like (although from a practical standpoint, glass dildo + oily hands = great frustration).

But if you're planning on barebacking, the question of the safety of oil-based lubes is the least of your worries.
i sooooooojsut had mental image of the sort of dont drop the soap in shower comic sketch haha...the glass keep slipping out of hands and your dancing around trying to keep hold of it lol....