Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th May 2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Lesbian that doesn't like oral sex?

I'm a lesbian but I don't like giving or receiving oral sex but I think that it is so weird for me not to because its like using a double negative or something. A lesbian who doesn't like oral sex. I just think there is something seriously wrong with that sentence. Am I the only one who is like this or are there other lesbians on this site who feel the same way? Does this make me weird? Sorry if this isn't an appropriate subject but its been on my mind a lot lately.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Posting Anonymously

Default Re: Lesbian that doesn't like oral sex?

I'm sure there are others like you, and it's just as natural as straight people who don't like oral sex. We don't all have to enjoy the same things. There are plenty of other ways for lesbians to have sex.
Old 12th May 2008, 11:24 PM   #3
Tim
Psycho Glitter B*tch

Orientation: I Give Up On Labels - I Like Guys
Out Status: Out as Gay

Tournaments Won: 5

I'd say it's quite normal actually.

I'm gay and the idea of anal sex is a turn off for me, now that's just weird in most people's books =P
Old 13th May 2008, 01:53 AM   #4
Helena

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Close family and quite a few friends

Personally I like the idea of oral sex but I don't think it's wierd for you to be different. People's desires are very complicated and you can't say "Because she's gay she must like oral", that makes no sense. So don't worry about it, you're cool! You may be attracted to other aspects of lesbian sex, for example tribadism or simple fucking. That's fine!
Old 13th May 2008, 06:18 AM   #5
EC 'Dad'
EC Advisor

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

I don't think it's odd... and it could be that you're just not ready for it. I certainly wasn't ready to try 'everything' the first time I had sex with a man. I wasn't sure I even wanted to. But the more comfortable I got, the more I wanted to try different things - i.e. anal sex. Now I quite like it - but that evolved over time.

The same might happen to you. Don't sweat it!
Old 13th May 2008, 10:10 AM   #6
EC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arneneithel View Post
Personally I like the idea of oral sex but I don't think it's wierd for you to be different. People's desires are very complicated and you can't say "Because she's gay she must like oral", that makes no sense. So don't worry about it, you're cool! You may be attracted to other aspects of lesbian sex, for example tribadism or simple fucking. That's fine!
haha! helena said fucking

Don't worry about it. Not everyone likes all kinds of sex. You'll find someone who's cool with it.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Helena

Out Status: Close family and quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Quote:
You may be attracted to other aspects of lesbian sex, for example tribadism or simple fucking. That's fine!
lol! People are always suprised when I swear. I don't know why. I have a totally potty mouth, half the words I say are expletives...
Old 13th May 2008, 06:05 PM   #8
Lover of Loony Lovegood

Orientation: Lesimbean
Out Status: I scream it from rooftops

really Helena?? wow, i wouldnt have guessed!!
well thats good cause same with me lol! :P

and about the oral thing, its not wierd not to like it. Not everyone does, everyone has preferences, so dont worry about it. When i was first realizing i was gay, i didnt like the idea of it either, but now i do things change, and if they dont thats ok too
jazzrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 06:59 PM   #9
PFLAG Mom
Community Liaison

Orientation: Straight
Out Status: Out to everyone/Yes, parents come out too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1454 View Post
I don't think it's odd... and it could be that you're just not ready for it. I certainly wasn't ready to try 'everything' the first time I had sex with a man. I wasn't sure I even wanted to. But the more comfortable I got, the more I wanted to try different things - i.e. anal sex. Now I quite like it - but that evolved over time.

The same might happen to you. Don't sweat it!

That's so true and it could be maybe you just haven't been with the right person to try it with yet.
Then we shall be free" ~ Garth Brooks
beckyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 12:41 PM   #10
Posting Anonymously

ive never had oral but i used to be like you (but gay male) and hated oral. Now i dont think it to bad...
Old 15th May 2008, 01:10 PM   #11
Posting Anonymously

Don't feel bad, not everyone has to like the same things. I don't particularly like going down on my girlfriend, although that's starting to change a little. And the first time I tried it I was very nervous, both giving and receiving. Things might change if you find the right person.
Old 15th May 2008, 05:55 PM   #12
EC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Quote:
You may be attracted to other aspects of lesbian sex, for example tribadism or simple fucking. That's fine!
lol! People are always suprised when I swear. I don't know why. I have a totally potty mouth, half the words I say are expletives...
It's because of your adorable young looks.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:10 AM   #13
Posting Anonymously

I agree with some of the other posts..I think everyone has the preferences to what they like.(and that doesnt mean its abnormal) When I thought I was straight, the thought of giving oral sex to a guy freaked me out...and thats what your suppose to like when your a straight girl..
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:53 AM   #14
Procrastination Queen

Orientation: Mostly gay
Out Status: Out to most family and friends. Partly out at work

I think it's nothing to worry about - all it says is that you don't necessarily like this sexual practice. This may change with time, but I don't think it's an oxymoron: the great thing about being a lesbian (so I hear) is that there are many ways to have sex... And a loving partner should respect your wishes on this.

I've never had lesbian oral sex and it has never actually even crossed my mind to wonder if I might like it...I just know that I fall in love women, and I assume that if I get together with someone I love, there will be no limit to what I will want to do...

(although one reason I'm answering this post is because last night I had my first lesbian dream ever, in which I *was* giving oral to a woman... )

Oh - and I know many straight women who don't like straight sex/straight oral sex/you name it. Everyone has their preferences, and a partner should respect this
ccdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:24 PM   #15
Posting Anonymously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I agree with some of the other posts..I think everyone has the preferences to what they like.(and that doesnt mean its abnormal) When I thought I was straight, the thought of giving oral sex to a guy freaked me out...and thats what your suppose to like when your a straight girl..
I'm not sure straight girls like providing oral sex to their boyfriends. Their boyfriends certainly like it though!
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:30 PM   #16
EC Addict

Orientation: Straight/open minded

I don't see why being a lesbian means you HAVE to like oral. We all of us like different things and at different moments in our lives.

If this really does worry you, you might like to ask yourself what it is about oral which turns you off and work on it to overcome it, however as others have said in a loving caring relationship respecting your partners preferences is vital and if your partner loves you she won't ask you to do something which is repellant to you.

There are loads of guys here who don't particularly like anal but that doesn't mean they aren't gay and that doesn't stop them having meaningful and loving relationships.
I'm a supporter of gay rights... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant.
Paul Newman
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:42 PM   #17
~free spirit~

Out Status: Generally whoever asks

I'm a lesbian and I find oral sex a *complete* turn-off. So, we're in the same boat. A loving and caring partner would understand so don't worry about it.

And the oxymoron thing? Labels. God, labels annoy me so. god. damn. bloody. much. "Lesbians have to like oral sex" is another example of stupid stereotyping.

Don't drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink.
Evita: "The actress hasn't learned the lines you'd like to hear."
heatqueen is offline   Reply With Quote